They exist only to accommodate the participant as opposed
I had been worried about how much emphasis there appeared to be on crafting coming to ACNH, because I really don't enjoy crafting in games, and so far my worries were justified. I played with daily until a couple of Animal Crossing Bells weeks ago and there is just no forward thrust to the game making me want to log in and progress. I played with New Leaf for years and never tired of it, and now I can not be fussed to even log into more than once weekly. Also, COVID made me perform a lot more at the beginning, but not having an away-from-home lunch break has truly made me play much less; it was an hour every day was built in only for AC, and it is not.

My daughter plays ACNL every day at this time, and I find myself missing it a lot.

Frankly the biggest disappointment for me is the way hollow all of the villagers are. Landscaping and decorating obtained a nice boost this time, I'd rather they focus on fleshing out our interactions with our villagers on the next iteration.

I agree, it feels like villagers have just been place dressing at this point. They exist only to accommodate the participant as opposed to feeling like actual characters who mostly want to do their own thing. There is also only eight villager personalities so you are certain to get copies in your own town.

For me personally, it is how nice I could make everything seem, then it's absolutely meaningless.

People post lovely screenshots of their buddies hanging out, but none of your things DO anything. I would enjoy it if you could have all sorts of minigames as you move. If I put up two football goals in an area and utilize some sort of tool to designate the area for a field, provide me a cheeky little football minigame. If my friends come in my house, let's all play some darts or a board game.

I have played a scary amount of hours, and still take great pleasure out of planning and decorating. However, I just wish things occurred after I put it up. Let's let Ribbot utilize the workout area he's got. Reneigh simply stumbled into an outside restaurant setup, maybe her and Melba want sit down and do some thing. Roald has his battle helmet on and the fireworks display is going on, let me get in cheap Animal Crossing New Horizons Bells his house and also help calm him down.