They're remaking base PSO2 visuals anyway
Excellent FAQ, answers a whole lot of PSO2 Meseta my first doubts. Gosh, this looks so complicated. On the one hand, kudos for keeping the game intact so that there won't be a riot over changes people do not like. However on the flip side, since they're remaking base PSO2 visuals anyway, I wish they'd only go 100% and synchronize personality models completely. Giving old players some free fashion items and unlocks would be sufficient to bribe everyone to take the new system.

Synchronizing 100% personality models doesn't seem easy. The problem is that the old outfits and coating wear are modeled to fit the older pso2 body. To be able to synchronize it, they would have to recreate from scratch (haha pun) 8 years of cosmetics. That's not likely to occur. I mean that I would be willing to shed a certain percentage of these makeup to help keep things intact across versions. As long as there's a continuous feed of cool new stuff to replace it, I do not mind. I constantly rotate out my old appearances anyway. As long as the character models translate 1:1 it will still feel just like mine.

I would imagine a large complication to that entails a lot of the makeup from the Japanese side of things that were exclusive to collaborations, promotional events, and events that no longer exist. The example I can think of is that the Monster Hunter Frontier Z collaboration where I could envision the clothes and weapons could unquestionably be provided a visual update together with everything else but I do not exactly understand how the licensing or how the lawful side of the collaboration functions where I'd wish it was as easy as Sega going through and upgrading the resources but I do not understand about just how much Capcom is involved in this process.

When it was purely just Phantasy Star-related things (such as character outfits, cameos from other games, or alternative Sega-related properties) I could envision that this probably would have been achieved, or would be done. But from the worldwide version we already don't have the presence of Cougar NX therefore that I do not exactly know if there are other complications seeing Sega's properties that may also contribute to not upgrading everything they could within reason.

I can imagine that probably out there we will still see somebody wearing those older collaboration things even when they aren't awakened to the same criteria as new makeup in a similar manner and that there surely would have been outrage if it had been made unusable or obsolete. Collabs that have had their cosmetics removed still have their resources exist on the game so those will probably still be accessible for can you buy meseta on pso2 jp players.